Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

msdevstep

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  12:14:17  Show Profile
Rob,

It's Dylan from the High Sign project. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I love your application and believe that your effort you've put into developing StrokesPlus is very much appreciated.

I actually no longer use High Sign as I got quite bored of the project, and had been using StrokeIt for quite some time. I wanted to give your application a look, and I'm glad I did. It's now my primary gesture application.

Good Work!
Dylan

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  13:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Hey Dylan,

Thanks! Glad to hear you're liking your gesture recognition algorithm in S+ =)

Rob
Go to Top of Page

msdevstep

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  18:31:18  Show Profile
Not nearly as much as I'm enjoying the rest of the application. In all seriousness, I am truly impressed by you, and what you've accomplished. You have managed to blend, all of the good elements from other applications such as, the low ceremony training process and recognition of High Sign, exceptional configuration UI found in stroke it, and ease of visually learning how a gesture is drawn and what it does.

THE ACTION HELP INFO FEATURE IS AWESOME!!

Please don't hesitate to email me if you need anything.

One minor change you might consider though that may improve the (already great) first run experience and demonstrate the usefulness of gesture applications, would be to expand your default gesture and action lists. I felt that some common ones were missing. It's not a big deal, since you've made it so easy to add these manually. Still, it would be nice if the default action set aligned closely with other applications resembling StrokesPlus.

Here is my configuration that I threw together to get it how I like it:
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/StrokesPlus%20Configuration

I really like being able to essentially "throw" windows left or right to other monitors. Also, take a look at "Ctrl End" and "Ctrl Home", because that feels very natural to me. Lastly, take a look at the Visual Studio application I added as I can't program without these actions.

Again, amazing work!
Dylan

Edited by - msdevstep on 03/10/2012 18:36:01
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  20:04:16  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Honestly, I just threw the config together quickly back in December; never really put an effort into the initial presentation.

I'd love to check out your config, if only the URL were valid for people not logged in as you =)

Yea, I have a "throw to other monitor" action setup too. I'm glad you're enjoying S+! It's been a labor of love and I intend to keep improving things as time goes on...I've also vowed to open source S+ if the time comes where I'm no longer able/willing to care for the program properly.

Well, the baby's crying, gotta bounce off the computer, but wanted to at least acknowledge your post. Keep in touch! I'd like to shake your hand one day, so if you're ever wanting to take a Florida (think Disney) vacation, you're welcome to stay with us at no charge.

Talk to you soon!
Rob
Go to Top of Page

msdevstep

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  23:22:32  Show Profile
Your comment about building a quick and dirty default config made me laugh, since the config for High Sign was procured the same day I built the installer and published the first release. Which contributed to my earlier suggestion to beef it up a bit. What a hypocrite I am :)

I apologize for sending you a bunk link, I guess you can't like to a folder unless you share it directly by email. It does however, appear you can get a public link for individual files. Try these:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48001473/StrokesPlus%20Configuration/StrokesPlus_PAD.xml
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48001473/StrokesPlus%20Configuration/StrokesPlus.xml

A handshake (read: beer) would be just fine, although it's pretty awesome knowing that I contributed something of value to a project which myself and others will thoroughly enjoy using.

Thanks for the invite, I've only been once, but if i'm over that way, I may just consider crashing on your couch.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000