General Discussion
 Implementing horizontal scrolling
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  02:47:39  Show Profile
I need help implementing horizontall scrolling with let's say mouse right button and scroll. I am interested in something like "Shift + Scroll" implementation. I wasn't able to do it, althoug I tried..

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  12:30:52  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
You may have to play around with the acGetWindowByPoint if it's not sending to the proper control, but this worked for me in Explorer and Chrome.

What I did was make sure Fire Recognition on Mouse Wheel Scroll* was checked in Preferences first. Then created 2 actions, both using the SAME gesture, but one with Scroll Up selected as a modifier with this script:
--Shift+Scroll Up
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), 0x020A, 0x00780004, 0x01F401F4)

And the other action (using the exact same gesture) with Scroll Down checked and the following script:
--Shift+Scroll Down
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), 0x020A, 0xFF880004, 0x01F401F4)

Of course, you don't have to set it up this way, with the mouse wheel option and two actions, but I'm guessing it would be the most functional. The scripts above will work anywhere you put them.

HOWEVER! I didn't feel like setting the lParam (0x01F401F4) properly as it seemed to work as is; that's supposed to be the mouse X and Y (hi order and low order respectively) of the mouse location, but 0x01F401F4 is passes it as x = 500, y = 500.

If someone wants to do the work of setting that properly, probably a simple thing via the Lua bit32 classes, feel free..but as I said, it seemed to work fine for me.
Go to Top of Page

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  03:07:38  Show Profile
I didn't manage to simulate horizontal scroll this way, but I was able to implement it by arrows. This is the script:

if gwd < 0 then
acSendKeys ("{RIGHT}")
end

if gwd > 0 then
acSendKeys ("{LEFT}")
end

It works quite fine on any invironment, it's not Shift + Scroll, but it works...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000