The ultimate music writing machine
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elerouxx

Brazil
40 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  14:58:29  Show Profile  Visit elerouxx's Homepage

I've been using Strokes+ with Notion3 (www.notionmusic.com) for a couple of days. Notion has the most natural interface I know among the music applications, but S+ turned it into the first real on-screen music writing tool. All thanks to Rob's dedication!

See it in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xAikQD-Jyg&feature=youtu.be br /

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  16:55:42  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Wow! That's beautiful and not how I imagined StrokesPlus would ever be used.

You're welcome, but I'm also honored (and impressed) by what you've accomplished.
Go to Top of Page

elerouxx

Brazil
40 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  17:12:00  Show Profile  Visit elerouxx's Homepage
Me, I only had to configure it for a couple days!

Actually, I tried to do something like this in several ways like 1 year ago. Eventually I designed a project from zero to accomplish taking notes of music on a pc, ipad or android by using a pen (I use to be a fair C+ coder), so I and started researching gesture recognizion. But the project was too overwhelming for me, I am too old to start something like this, and the guys at Notion have already done such a beautiful app that works so well that I decided it was best for my health to give up...

So I put the project in the drawer, thinking "If only there was a gesture application that would give me some control about screen coordinates. This could be done so easily. Oh I'm hungry, let's go to the fridge...".

You know the rest of the story... thank you very much for creating S+!

Edited by - elerouxx on 07/03/2012 17:23:16
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  17:32:19  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I know what you mean, I did the same thing for years..wanting to write my own StrokeIt replacement. It wasn't until I came across High Sign (http://highsign.codeplex.com/) and its creator Dylan Vester (http://dylanvester.com/) that S+ become a reality.

The gesture recognition was always the snag, but Dylan came up with a beautiful and simple method...and also was kind enough to make it open source for the world to use; for that I'm forever grateful.

If you have no objections, I think it would be great if you created a Notion post (or posts) under General Action Scripts with the actions you've created...to share with others who may happen to see this and want to enhance their musical productivity
Go to Top of Page

elerouxx

Brazil
40 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  17:50:38  Show Profile  Visit elerouxx's Homepage
I'll gladly post my scripts in a few days after I refine them a little (lots of testing beeps and lines yet).

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  17:55:29  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Oh of course, no rush at all.
Go to Top of Page

elerouxx

Brazil
40 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  21:04:54  Show Profile  Visit elerouxx's Homepage
Oh, nice! you are just too fast. I think the new layout of the home page looks very neat. I see that my video did it to the front page! I feel honored, and I really have to make a better one.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  00:15:53  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I didn't intend to put the website together today, lol. Although, I'm glad I did; it was in need of a makeover...well, it was almost nothing before, so I don't know if you can even call it a makeover.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000