Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 How to assign multiple App to single Action?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ReneTrevi

Mexico
9 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  15:19:25  Show Profile  Send ReneTrevi an AOL message  Click to see ReneTrevi's MSN Messenger address  Send ReneTrevi a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rob, I like Strokes+, indeed, I'm migrating all my gestures from StrokeIt because it's more versatile in Actions, but I don't know how to configure a single Action for several Apps, something like in StrokeIt, where you assign a list of Application identifiers for an App node.
Can you help me please?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  15:24:04  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
It sounds like you need to use the pattern fields (regular expression).

How many apps are you looking to be identified together? Can you provide a list of the qualifiers? (like all of their EXE names)
Go to Top of Page

ReneTrevi

Mexico
9 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  16:26:01  Show Profile  Send ReneTrevi an AOL message  Click to see ReneTrevi's MSN Messenger address  Send ReneTrevi a Yahoo! Message
In StrokeIt I have this:

CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_0
CLASS:IEFrame
CLASS:SALFRAME
CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a
CLASS:wndclass_desked_gsk
FILE:chrome.exe
FILE:Reflector.exe

For this example, I have the same 4 Actions.

Thanks for reply.

Edited by - ReneTrevi on 07/11/2012 16:28:10
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  16:58:28  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Is there a way to identify them all under one qualifier type (all by class or all by EXE)?

The problem is, the way S+ matches is based on all qualifiers being matched, and the only way for these to all be matched would be to make conditional regex patterns, but if one is missing from either type, if would fail to match. The only way to correct that would be to have the last conditional be a full wildcard match, but you'd have to add that to both type patterns, which would mean any class/EXE would match, every time and become no different than a Global Action.

If we can narrow it down to either class or EXE, it's not a problem. If you can identify the additional class names (or even just a pattern within them), it's easy enough to put together the pattern necessary.

I'll keep thinking about this, but I'm not quite sure if there's another way around it. I hope this makes sense, but even I don't think I'd be able to understand this post if I read it in a few weeks =)
Go to Top of Page

ReneTrevi

Mexico
9 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  08:47:05  Show Profile  Send ReneTrevi an AOL message  Click to see ReneTrevi's MSN Messenger address  Send ReneTrevi a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Rob, I know RegEx, but I find it a bit tedious having to search every App and create a RegEx with the features I need.
I do not know how much effort is adding a list of MatchCriteria with all the attributes, for example:

<Application name="Browsers" enabled="1" noglobal="0">
    <MatchCriterias>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <ownerclass>Chrome_WidgetWin_0</ownerclass>
            <ownerclassregex/>
            <ownertitle/>
            <ownertitleregex/>
            <parentclass/>
            <parentclassregex/>
            <parenttitle/>
            <parenttitleregex/>
            <controlclass/>
            <controlclassregex/>
            <controltitle/>
            <controltitleregex/>
            <controlid/>
            <file/>
            <fileregex/>
        </MatchCriteria>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <ownerclass>IEFrame</ownerclass>
        </MatchCriteria>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <ownerclass>SALFRAME</ownerclass>
        </MatchCriteria>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <ownerclass>WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a</ownerclass>
        </MatchCriteria>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <ownerclass>Window.8.app.0.378734a</ownerclass>
        </MatchCriteria>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <ownerclass>wndclass_desked_gsk</ownerclass>
        </MatchCriteria>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <file>chrome.exe</file>
        </MatchCriteria>
        <MatchCriteria>
            <file>Reflector.exe</file>
        </MatchCriteria>
    </MatchCriterias>
    <Actions>
        <Action descrip...

I hope I have explained.
Regards.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  09:17:24  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
The current structure and processing of the XML file will not be changing anytime soon. While there is likely a way to handle this in a more efficient way, I'm not familiar with all of your desired actions, gestures, and intended separation of applications and reasoning.

The easiest solution would be to make 2 applications, one based on the class names and one based on the exe name, using patterns for each. You would have to duplicate the actions in each, however. Although, you could centralize the action scripts into functions in the Global Lua so you only have to place the calls in the actions and the actual code resides in global.

I know this wasn't the answer you're looking for, and if these were all on my system, I would find a way to define them all as one application, either by exe or class names. If you'd like to further explain exactly the reason for the separation from Global (meaning, you want gesture A to do one thing, but in a browser do another) and applications (you want to have the same gestures do different things in a separate application identifier depending on the class under the mouse), I may be able to provide a more clear alternative or approach.

For example, is there a reason why these all can't be qualified by their exe names? Right now you have Chrome_WidgetWin_0 and chrome.exe defined. Why is that?

I'm not suggesting that you don't have a perfectly good reason for the way you had it in StrokeIt, but SI and S+ simply operate under different styles which aren't compatible. S+ is more powerful in many ways, but not as simple as the SI way. I'm just making sure there isn't a different way to approach this which meets your ultimate goal.

Go to Top of Page

ReneTrevi

Mexico
9 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  11:54:31  Show Profile  Send ReneTrevi an AOL message  Click to see ReneTrevi's MSN Messenger address  Send ReneTrevi a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for your time Rob, I understand that performance is basic, avoiding having multiple search criteria for application.
I know I'll have to separate applications from the same type of search criteria to replicate the actions that I have defined.
With respect to the file crome.exe and class Chrome_WidgetWin_0, I think is a duplicate, please ignore it.
This software is very good, I congratulate you.
Have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000